Saturday, June 20, 2015

This guy made a 1989 Batman Suit and it Looks Awesome!!!








I found brilliant piece of a replica of a Batsuit from the 1989 Batman movie. it is a really good work"Hi everyone. I'm a big fan of Tim Burton's first Batman film and I am currently putting together my second 89 bat suit, but this time, I will be using some copies of real deal production pieces to finish this new build, whereas my last build was 90% Bob Dullam's masterful work.

So far, in terms of RD, I own a urethane copy of a restored production cowl (3 actually ) a latex cape cast from an original screen used cape that has also been restored (as much as possible) casts of the real arm, calve and knee caps pieces, a beveled emblem cast from a real one as well as a urethane belt (slightly flawed though) which I modified by bringing the belt pods closer to the front like in the movie and I will also be repainting to a yellow oxide color instead with a tiny bit of metallic gold in there, then a minor black wash within the buckle and strap details and finally layer it with a flexible gloss so it looks real shiny (I'll post pics soon). And finally, soon to be on my doorstep, urethane copies of the real torso and fins for the gloves.

I'm truly blessed to have these items. It's so weird... I never thought the day would come when I got my hands on a movie quality and highly accurate bat suit from the 89 film."

Well, here's a bunch of pics to show you where I'm at so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment